Last week I was so OVER the same old dishes, do you ever get that? I suppose it’s easy to cook certain meats and fishes a particular way, simply going in to recipe autopilot. But I had to draw a line and reignite my… I want to say passion for food but this makes it sound like I went off food ha which let me tell you is never my problem… but you get the gist. So I tried prawns and marinated them in a beaut lime and ginger marinade – tasty but still not a total prawn convert. I whipped up a classic home comfort of cottage pie (winner), and then I was inspired by Jamie Oliver’s Superfood programme to whip up this beauty…
Let me introduce to you my Asian inspired, Jamie inspired ‘Sesame Chicken Licken & Raw Slaw’. Basically we couldn’t find the recipe after watching so we decided to wing it. The result = delicious. I may have made and demolished this a fair few times already. Yep, it’s that good. A new hero dish in the Wedges & Weights household – thanks for the inspo Jamie!
Prepared and cooked in less than 15 minutes! It’s a winner on those nights where you want food on the table in super quick time.
Plus, this whole food goodness it’s packed with a bunch of veggies, protein and healthy fats to fuel the body and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 Chicken breast, sliced horizontally in half
- 1 Courgette, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Avocado, finely sliced
- 1 Red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 Green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 Lemon juice, squeezed
- Black pepper
- Black sesame seeds
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Place your chicken in the pan and allow to cook – flipping half way through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prep and place in a mixing bowl the courgette and carrot – I use a standard peeler for this, the avocado, red pepper, green pepper, spring onions and red chilli.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and season with black pepper before mixing throughly.
- Once your chicken is nearly ready, add the black sesame seeds to the edge of the griddle pan and roast for 2 minutes.
- Ensure the chicken is cooked through fully, remove from the pan and slice.
- Pop the raw slaw in a bowl, top with the chicken and sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds.
It really is as simple & speedy as that!
TOP TIP: Use the extra portion to take in your Tupperware for a protein packed lunch the next day!
TAG me in your foodie snaps #wedgettes… Bon Appetit!