The dark nights are drawing in, Strictly’s on the tele, and I don’t know about you but a Saturday night on the sofa beats freezing your arse off on a night out any day. But before you grab the local takeaway menu this weekend, why not save your pennies by whipping up this super sexy chicken jalfrezi – yep, I’m calling a curry sexy. It tastes bloomin’ incredible! Even my other half said, and I quote “this actually tastes as good as a takeaway”. Try it for yourself…
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Medium red chilli, finely chopped
- Approx 2cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 250g Pasata
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml Canned coconut milk
- 600g Chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 Tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 2 Tsp garam masala
- 150ml Water
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Green pepper, diced
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and stir until cooked.
- Add to the saucepan the chopped tomato, pasata, tomato puree and coconut milk, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken and spices, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, mix and bring to the boil.
- Turn to a low heat, place the lid on the saucepan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the peppers and cook for a further 15 minutes without the lid.
- Serve with cauliflower couscous for a low-carb meal or rice for a great high-carb post workout option.
Snap me your Saturday night fakeaways!