Whether it’s a nutritious meal for the family, you have friends coming round for dinner, or you simply want a speedy delicious meal to make for yourself, these delicious lamb skewers with couscous salad will hit the spot!
I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely guilty of often eating the same meals week in week out – I’m sure I’m not the only one. Which is why I’m proud to bring you this recipe in collaboration with Try Lamb, as it’s honestly made me get more creative both in the kitchen and with my meals, and it hasn’t meant spending any longer doing so either.
The lamb neck fillet works especially well in this recipe – as well as being a really economical cut. I aim to base all my meals around a protein source, and lamb sure is a super option! Whilst also providing the body with essential vitamins and minerals, contributing to overall health and wellbeing.
- 200g lamb neck fillet
- 200g couscous
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup mixed peppers, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Trim off any excess fat from the lamb, and cut into approx. 2cm strips.
- Fold each piece and push on to skewer to make approx. 2 skewers.
- On a medium heat, brush oil over a skillet or griddle pan and add the skewers. Rotate the skewers regularly to ensure it cooks through.
- Whilst the lamb skewers are cooking, in a large bowl add the couscous and pour over the vegetable stock – cover with cling film leave for 5 minutes (check packet for timings as these may vary slightly)
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add the peppers, carrots, lemon, coriander and mint to the bowl and mix
- Once the lamb is cooked through, serve the couscous and place a skewer on top!