Time to get creative with your leftovers! Want to know what you can do with your lamb roast leftovers? Try these healthy lamb tortilla wraps for your lunch the next day. Not only will you be helping to minimise food waste by doing so, but it’ll save you a bob or two as well! Plus, they taste amazing.
During my childhood, we’d enjoy lamb once a week at my Nanna’s, yet I’d totally forgotten just how yummy and versatile it is – which is why I’m proud to have teamed up with Try Lamb, to help encourage more people to do exactly this, try lamb! It’s a healthy pick to fuel your body – rich in protein, as well as a bunch of vitamins, including vitamin B6 and B12.
This recipe will transform your leftovers in minutes and no doubt make your lunch buddies super jealous!
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Small handful fresh mint
- Leftover roast lamb
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2-4 tortilla wraps
- Spinach leaves
- Handful of pomegranate
- Shred the carrots in to a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the vinegar, oil, mint and salt and pepper to make the dressing and stir into the carrots.
- Place the lamb in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the coriander and cumin, and toss until cooked through.
- Place spinach on each tortilla wrap to make the first layer (this will stop your tortilla going soggy if making them for your lunch the next day).
- Add the lamb, hummus, pomegranate and carrot mixture to the wrap, fold and pop in your lunch box. Store in the fridge until served.